Would you like to have a healthier spirit, soul, and body? This is possible by changing the words we speak. Proverbs 18:21 says, “The tongue has the power of life and death…” So are you speaking life or death over your life?
Joyce Meyer’s book, Change Your Words Change Your Life: Understanding the Power of Every Word You Speak is on my Top 10 list, and I can truly say that it is helping to transform my life. I’ve included it along with some other great books on my web site under “Susan’s Bookshelf.” Click here to see that page which includes other favorites of mine.
I purchased this book a few years ago, and I reference it almost every day. Chapter 5, What Do You Want in Your Future?, includes a list of scripturally-based affirmations that Joyce wrote in 1976. When she wrote this list of affirmations, some of the things that she began to confess were not evident in her life. Throughout the years, she has seen her desires come to pass.
I have highlighted in the book the scripturally-based affirmations that I would like to see become a reality in my life. Some examples include…
- I do not speak negative things. (Ephesians 4:29)
- I do not have a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and of a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7)
- Pain cannot come against my body because Jesus bore all my pain. (Isa. 53:4-5)
I have also written many of my own affirmations in the margins of the book pages. I spend about 10 minutes a day reading through these affirmations, and they often encourage and strengthen me.
The chapters in this book include:
- The Impact of Words
- Taming Your Tongue
- Learning to Say What God Says
- The Characteristics of a Mature Christian
- What Do You Want in the Future
- Staying Strong Through the Storms of Life
- Defeating Your Enemies
- How Happy Do You Want to Be?
- Words That Grieve the Holy Spirit
- Fasting Your Words
- Speak No Evil
- Speak Faith, Not Fear
- Don’t Complain
- Words of Encouragement
- Love Listens and Speaks
- Don’t Let the Devil Speak Through You
- Do You Really Have to Give Your Opinion?
- Say Something Good or Don’t Say Anything at All
- Gentle Words
- Keeping Your Word
- Watch Your Mouth
- Do You Want to Change Your Life?
Change Your Words Change Your Life is both practical and extremely powerful. It’s truly a life-changer if you will apply its’ principles.
You can possibly pick up a copy at Family Christian Store or your local Christian book store or you can order it here from Amazon.
SHARE BELOW a book that is a favorite of yours and tell me how it has impacted your life.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!